Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Digital painting retrospective

I started doing digital painting 2 years ago and I can say that I have been getting better at it. Although I still lack some understanding at many things at arts and I have failed to keep doodling as my daily hobby. I would want to encourage myself to draw daily or even weekly but it hasn't formed as a routine yet. I still want to show some of my first digital paintings that aren't finished and not in the condition of publishing  but I enjoy looking back at my drawings.  I haven't been ever confident of my art and I would like to start showing my art even though they were discarded by me once, I liked the ideas of my old ones but I guess I just didn't know how to continue them or just got frustrated. My reasoning for this post is that I get used to people seeing my things and therefore critique wouldn't feel so harsh, and I do want to get better and I think the only way is to practice and ask feedback, through trial and error.  I have gotten better but I know I could develop the skill further.

In many you can maybe  see that I did not have a clue what clipping mask was and I had so many layers, some of my early paintings had over 100.. I bet more than half of those were useless or had just a tiny dot somewhere.

It took a while to dig up some of my files since my naming convention is the worst, browsing through endless peepee pooopoo asdasda files this is what I found almost in chronological order... Old ones first plus one of my fave old one presented at the very bottom cause it's golden and a treat to savor.









































































4 comments:

  1. Your blogpost really resonated with me. It's sometimes so difficult to keep drawing regularly, and the self-doubt and self-critique can be so overwhelming at times. Luckily while we're studying in TAMK we will get a lot of feedback and keep getting better as a result.

    I'm glad you decided to post your work for us to see. The designs you make are so intriguing! I really like them. I hope you keep drawing these, and posting them as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are so cool, you go Liisa!! I really appreciate seeing so much variety in your work and your will to share it with us. Forming a drawing routine is very difficult, I myself struggle with that as well. But practise is the way to improve, so we just gotta fight to keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Anu and Mona I appreciate your kind words! Really boosted my drive to draw and keep practicing !

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cool! I'm also really happy that you decided to share these, and I really like the ones that aren't finished! Like you can see the idea forming and the skeleton of the painting. I so get the feeling your explaining here... We're often our biggest critics.

    ReplyDelete

spoops my favorite

I like to play horror as many of you may know, so I am here to post couple of cool creature designs from games that I know or at least comes...